The roof is one of the most important components of your home’s structural integrity. Consequently, hiring accomplished professionals to work on it is integral to its longevity. So how do you know when it’s time to seek the services of roofing contractors in Sacramento, CA?
Roof Repair vs Roof Replacement
Knowing when to replace or repair a roof can save you thousands of dollars down the road. If repairs are minor and the structure is relatively new, then there may be no need to consider a replacement. However, it may be time to start seeking replacement quotes from reputable Sacramento roofing companies if one or more of the following is true:
- You intend to complete major renovations before selling the home.
- Your roof is more than 15 to 20 years old.
- It has suffered severe damage from termites or natural disasters.
- It is leaking or creating insulation problems.
- You plan to add solar in the near future
Main Types of Roofing Systems To Consider
When choosing roofing materials for your home, it’s important to keep the Sacramento climate in mind. Your Sacramento roofing contractor will also make recommendations, but these are the main materials we recommend:
- Composite materials
- Wooden shingles
- Clay tiles
Some homeowners may also wish to include solar panel installation. Our experienced professionals will provide you with a quote based on the size of the solar array.
Tips To Prevent Future Roofing Problems
At Yancey Home Improvements, we look forward to helping our clients with their roof repair and replacement needs. However, we also believe in helping our customers take proactive steps to reduce the need for replacing or patching a roof in the near future:
- Replace damaged or missing shingles as soon as possible.
- Investigate all signs of mold, algae, moss or fungus.
- Keep the gutters clean to ensure proper drainage.
- Complete regular inspections.
Learn more today about tips to prevent roofing problems.
How To Find Reliable Sacramento Roofing Contractors
When looking for reputable and experienced Sacramento roofing contractors, there are five main things we believe you should look out for:
- Company Address: Ensure the company has a permanent address in or near Sacramento, CA.
- Company Name: Try to stick to companies with names you recognize from family, friends or local involvement.
- License: No construction company should be operating without a license, so ensure it has at least B-General Building Contractor and C-39 licenses.
- Reviews: Ask family, friends and neighbors for feedback on companies. You can also check online reviews or ask the company for references.
- BBB: It is best to work with a business that has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau so you can find accurate and authentic information.
Why Choose Yancey Home Improvements?
Our Sacramento roofing company satisfies all five characteristics of a good contractor. We have operated out of our Alpine Ave office for several years, and it serves as our permanent address. Yancey Home Improvements has also become a company name commonly raised in roofing discussions. The feedback is overwhelmingly positive. And of course, we are licensed, BBB accredited and insured. It’s an easy decision to turn to Yancey Home Improvements for all your Sacramento roofing needs.
Do we sound like the kind of company you want to work with? Hire us for these services:
- Preventative roofing maintenance
- Re-roofing and restoration
- Residential roofing repairs
- Custom roofing systems
- Roof replacement
Ready to get a quote for your Sacramento roof repair or replacement? Fill out our quick and easy online form to get started.