What is the gas called between the glass panes?

The air gap between two panes of glass is important for insulation. Air by itself is an effective insulating material but, inert gas, since it’s more dense than air, adds to the efficiency. Window manufacturers use either Argon or Krypton gas to fill the air gap. Argon is six times denser than air and is the most common inert gas found in windows manufactured for our region. For superior insulation and more demanding climates, use Krypton since it is 12 times denser than air.

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

Get a Free Quote

Please Complete Our Quote Request Form or Call Now at (916) 455-7730 to Book an Appointment!